Government resources for businesses and the self-employed
Use this scheme if you’re self-employed or a member of a partnership and have lost income due to coronavirus.
Find out if you can use the Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme to reclaim employee’s coronavirus-related Statutory Sick Pay (SSP).
Temporary changes to the VAT payments due between 20 March 2020 and 30 June 2020 to help businesses manage their cash flow.
A full range of business support measures have been made available to UK businesses and employees.
This page helps businesses find out how to access the support that has been made available, who is eligible, when the schemes open and how to apply.
- Claim for wage costs through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Business Rates Holiday for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure
- Cash Grant for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Small Business Grant Funding
- Statutory Sick Pay Rebate
- Time to Pay
- Covid-19 Corporate Financing Facility
- Business Rates Holiday for Nurseries
- Deferral of Self-Assessment payment
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Information for businesses and employers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Information for individuals and businesses in Scotland
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Information for individuals and businesses in Wales
- COVID-19 Guidance: Information for NI Businesses & Employers
Guidance for leaders and fraud experts in government bodies and local authorities that are administering emergency programmes on behalf of the UK Government though the principles still apply to business.
Find out about the tax avoidance schemes being used to target workers returning to the NHS to help respond to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
A dedicated HMRC helpline for businesses and self-employed individuals who have difficulty with paying their tax due to COVID-19 promised at Budget 2020 is now in operation. The number of the helpline is 0800 0159 559.
The helpline can assist with:
- setting up a time to pay arrangement,
- suspending debt collection proceedings, and
- cancelling late payment penalties and (unusually) interest.